THE STATS TELL AN ALARMING TALE
According to the National Center for Educational Statistics:
- Boys are 30 percent more likely than girls to flunk or drop out of school.
- When it comes to grades and homework, girls outperform boys in elementary, secondary, high school, college, and even graduate school.
- Boys are four to five times more likely than girls to be diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Women outnumber men in higher education with 56 percent of bachelor’s degrees and 55 percent of graduate degrees going to women.
- Boys make up two-thirds of the students in special education and are five times more likely to be classified as hyperactive.
- Boys are far more likely to be suspended or expelled from school, in fact they account for 71 percent of all school suspensions